Sunday, May 17, 2009

Grant County Speedway 5/16/09

Well tonight was the most hectic night of racing yet. My sisters wedding reception happened to be going on the same time as the races so as soon as they were over I would have to drive 45 mins to get to it before 11. I started the feature dead last because of the invert from the previous weeks finishing order. On lap two, I clipped another racer coming out of turn 4 which sent me around and the guy behind me had nowhere to go and ended up hitting me square in the frame just before the drivers door. I went to the pits thinking my night was over, but everyone gave me the thumbs up that the car was fine so I headed back out. What ensued was caution after caution before they finally threw the yellow and checkered at the same time. Thankfully I had made my way up to 2nd from the people spinning, but the guy who started on pole lucked out and didn't have to deal with any of the accidents. So this years feature finishes so far are a 1st, and two 2nds. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment