Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lafayette County Speedway 5/29/09

We were pretty apprehensive going into this weekend because of the front end problems we had last week. We had to hope that we had all of the steering geometry set-up just as it had been before I snapped the spindle in two so the car would still handle as well as it has this year. In the heat race I worked my way up to the front from 5th, and ended up winning which made us feel that we had done a pretty good job. In the heat race the track was already taking some rubber which meant for the feature it was going to be very slick. In the feature I started 7th, and the race was again riddled with cautions, but I kept my nose clean and when the 6th caution came out which ends the race I was in 3rd place, so to make my way up 4 positions with very few green flag laps on a slick track, we consider that a win. The track photographer has been working hard this year, so click here to see all the pictures he has taken of me on the track, and it might help you to get a better idea of what dirt racing is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment