Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lafayette County Speedway 5/23/2009

I started my heat race in 4th place, and there was a wreck in the first turn which I kind of became a part of, but the car was fine so I stayed on. On the restart I jumped to the lead and pulled away from the field to pick up the heat win and 3 points. In the feature I started 5th, and by the 3rd lap I was up to the lead, but as soon as I got the lead a caution came out. They couldn't get the line up right, so we made probably ten laps just driving around which slicked the track up quite a bit. On the restart I pulled out a healthy lead through turns 1 and 2, then coming in to turn 3 I hit a slick spot and the car went around on me before I knew what was happening. Luckily I didn't hit the wall but I found myself in the back. From there on I tried to make my way up but the track was awfully slick, so I tried to run the low line in turns 3 and 4 and I expected the car to slide, but when I set up for the turn the car hooked and I ended up clipping one of the tires on the inside of the track, and breaking the tie rod and spindle which ended my night. Luckily my main competitor broke a rear end gear early on in the race so I still beat him, but I ended up finishing 8th. We've already started replacing the spindle and a new tie rod is on it's way. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment