Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lafayette County Speedway 5/15/09

Yesterday was the second race at Lafayette for the year, and almost everyone didn't think it was going to take place. We had two big cells coming towards the track on the radar all day, but you still have to go to the track just in case. During the heat races you could see the cells splitting and they both managed to miss the track and we didn't get so much as a sprinkle. For the feature there was a little rough spot in 1 and 2 which forced a lot of the cars to run high, so I decided to use the fresh track under that rough spot to get to the front. The race was filled with cautions which made it hard to get a rhythm but the final green flag stretch was 3 laps long. I was in 3rd on the restart and managed to pass the 2nd place car coming off of turn 2, which left me with 2 laps to catch the leader. I closed up a little the first lap, then the next lap on got to his bumper coming off of turn 2. Coming in to turn 3 he left the door open so I went for and stuck my nose in. We were almost side by side through the turn but he got a little better run off of turn 4 and beat me to the line. So i started 3rd and moved up to 2nd with a shot at the leader who started P1. Tonight will be a hectic night because it is also my sisters wedding reception, so as soon as my race is over I have to throw on dress attire and drive an hour to the reception. Hopefully we keep these good finishes rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment