Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blown Motor Speedway 6/05/09

We started out the night in good fashion by picking up yet another heat race win, I started 5th and made my way up to 2nd, then the leaders air cleaner broke off which caused him to pull off and put me in the lead. In the feature I was starting 10th which meant i had a lot of work ahead of me to get to the front. As with almost every feature race we had had this year this one was filled with cautions, but I slowly made my way up to 3rd. We finally got a green flag stretch in and I got to stretch the cars legs a little bit. I came out of turn 2 and had a good run down the backstretch, then the motor let go coming in to the turn and that was the end of my night, and I ended up finishing 8th. We are tearing it down right now, but it looks like either a rod or the crank let go. There was no water in the radiator so the block is junk. My brother Zach was building us a motor identical to this one, but it isn't quite finished yet, so the pressure will be on to see if we can get this motor back in for next Friday. Luckily we have the week off at the Grant County Speedway, so hopefully we can get the motor in and I can hold on to my points lead there.

No comments:

Post a Comment