Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lafayette County Speedway 6/26/09

We got the frost plug issue sorted out from last week and also found and fixed some other problems that could have arisen last night. When we took the transmission and clutch off to get to the frost plug we found out that two of the clutch discs were cracked and one had broken, which could have let go in the next race. In the heat race a couple of cars got into each other in front of me, and one ended up looping it in front of me, and i ended up running into him and making a mess out of the front end, but the car was good enough to keep out on the track, and I made my way to the front to win my heat race. In the feature I started in second and stayed there until after the last restart when in turn 1 I tried to make a move on the leader and got on the gas a little early which sent me spinning around, brought out the caution, and sent me to the back of the pack. Luckily a lot of the cars had already dropped out of the race, so I was in 8th with two laps to go. On the 2nd to last lap I made a move coming out of turn 4 that I managed to pass 3 cars in one turn, and I'm still not sure how I did it. I ended up finishing in 4th, and kept myself in the points race and hopefully moved into the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment