Sunday, June 21, 2009

Grant County Speedway 6/21/09

I had been looking forward to last nights race once we knew that we had the good motor in the car. When we got to the track the engine builder came over and checked the timing on the motor to make sure it was spot on before we went out. He gave me some advice for what to look for with this new motor before pushing it. In hot laps I went out and the oil pressure was staying pretty steady, so I started to slowly get on the gas more and more, and on the last lap of the hot laps I could see my dad giving me the slow down signal. When I stopped the car in the pits I could see a bit of steam coming off the car, and another racer told me he saw a bunch of water shoot out on the frontstretch. The engine builders came over and figured out that it was a frost plug had shot out on the back of the motor by the clutch. It was a total freak happening, but luckily another driver in a different class let me borrow his car. The car I raced came from a slower open wheel class, so I had a fun time just trying to wheel that car around the track. The best part is that I pulled off a 4th place finish, which will keep me in the points until next week when I will get my good motor back again. I'll be purchasing a Go Pro Hero camera here soon, so hopefully I will soon have some video of me racing for you guys to watch. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment