Sunday, June 14, 2009

Grant County Speedway 6/14/09

Last night was night number two on the borrowed IMCA motor, and the plans were just to keep the car in one piece and earn some points. The track took a long time to work in, but when we finally got it together it looked to be a heavy track, good for the big power motors, bad for me. In the heat I managed a third place finish which earned me a valuable point towards my total. In the feature I had to really change my driving style as I was used to the torquey 383 that we had in the car before, and now I had a torque-less 355, but a motor none the less. I managed to hang on for a third in the feature as well, so I should hopefully still be in the points race at both tracks for next week. The engine builder told us that the motor should be ready for next weeks races, which means the rest of the field better watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment