Sunday, June 28, 2009

Grant County Speedway 6/27/09

Yesterday looked to be a good day for the Stagman Racing team, but a little bit of bad luck took a good finish away from us. In the heat race I lead the first few laps until a new driver got inside of me in turn 1 and took the lead, but I held on to 2nd place and got two valuable points towards the point race. In the feature I started outside of the front row, and jumped to the lead in the first turn, but some cars got tangled up behind me so a caution took away the lead that I would have had. On the next restart I bobbled in turn 4 and the same guy that passed me in the heat race got under me on the frontstretch and took the lead again. I was chasing him down for a few laps until going into turn 1 the spark plug wire fell off of cylinder number 4 which cut my power down considerably, and then of course we had a caution which bunched the field back up. On the restart I got punted in turn 2 by another driver, and I got a bad call by the officials which sent me to the back rather than the guy who caused the caution. I managed to get back to 4th running on 7 cylinders which kept me close to the points leader with there only being 4 points in between us. After I got home that night I also put in my order for a Go Pro Hero camera, so hopefully next week I will have a video of the feature race so everyone can get a little bit better idea of what it is I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment