Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grant County Speedway 8/1/09

Tonights feature was the best race I have had in my B-mod career to date. The feature saw me and Brandon Wilson running nose to tail the entire race. There were a few times coming off the turn I though I was going to hook his bumper I was that close to him. With two laps to go I dove inside of him in turn 1 and we raced side by side down the backstretch together, but he got the lead back, so for the last lap I just followed him through turns 1 and 2 to try and gain some ground then I made my move coming in to turn 3. I dove underneath him, and tried to slide up a little to get him to either get off the gas or just second guess his next move which would give me enough momentum to beat him to the line. I was just ahead of him, but we were both fighting for position and our front tires touched causing his car to jump a head up the track. I was worried he was going for the wall, but I heard him get back on the gas, so I did the same and we had a drag race coming out of turn 4 to the checkered flag. It was a photo finish, and Brandon just edged me out at the line, but he ran a perfect race and deserved the win. I was more than happy with a 2nd place finish that night, the car still had the miss in it from the night before, so once we get that fixed we should be pretty tough to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment