Sunday, August 30, 2009

LCS 8/28/09 and GCS 8/29/09

The 28th was the Season Championship race at the Lafayette County Speedway and it proved to be pretty anti-climactic. I came into the night leading the points and 7 points ahead of second place. In the heat race I lost 2 points to the 2nd place driver leaving me just 5 points ahead going into the feature. Then the storms start brewing in the distance, and we only got 2 lap in of the feature before it was stopped from all the rain. The track decided to just award us our pay based on the points standings, so I picked up a nice pay check and wrapped up the second track championship of the year. Every member of the Stagman Racing team worked really hard towards this, and I mentioned that this was our goal at the start of the year and we managed to succeed. Then the next night we went into my home town tracks fair race with no pressure on us. I think the lack of pressure might have caused me to get a little too comfortable though. I was up front at the start of the feature but got tangled with a driver in front and got sent to the back for causing the caution, and on the way back through the pack I got collected in another wreck that pushed the fan into the radiator and broke the frame. We've already starting tearing the car down, and we're hoping for even bigger and better things next year here at Stagman Racing. Thanks to everyone for all of your support and we'll see you out there next year!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing the Stagmen racing Team the best this year with the new car. As a proud sponsor of the #15 racing team I look forward to another exciting yrar of racing. I would also like to dedicate this year to a lost but not forgotten member and sponsor of the #15 Gary Stagman. Uncle Burp's Owner of Bennett's Lawn Care Service a proud sponsor of Gregg and Matt the Stagman Racing Team. Good luck Matt and go getem and givem hell.

    ReplyDelete