Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lafayette County Speedway 7/31/09

In the heat race tonight the car just didn't want to do what I wanted it to do, and I could only work my way up to third. The feature was pretty eventful. I started 10th and had worked my way up to about 5th, and the carb was plugging up causing the car to run really rough. On lap 4 a large piece of mud knocked my window net down, and another car spun causing a caution, so I pulled into the pits to tell my dad the car was running rough, and to have him put the window net back up. So we went back out there, and I had to start from the back because I had pitted, so on the restart I was in 11th, and I worked my way back up to 6th before the next caution. On the restart, some cars got tangled up again which moved me a little further. For the last restart I found myself in 3rd place with 2 strong racers in front of me. They got into a little tangle coming out of turn 2, but the 2nd place driver took off from their little run in, so I found myself in 2nd, but couldn't close the gap to the leader. So I finished a solid 2nd place after a pretty hectic race. The videos should be uploaded so youtube soon, we tried a little different view this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment