Monday, August 10, 2009

Grant County Speedway 8/8/09

We came into the race 5 points behind the championship leader with only 2 races left this year, so I knew I needed to make some ground up and things were looking promising. In the heat race I finished 3rd earning the last possible point, while the points leader finished behind me so I closed the gap to 4 going into tonights feature. In the feature I jumped out to the lead, and was having a good little battle with the #80 of Rick Runde when the panhard bar broke free from the rearend, it kept running though, and I managed to stay in the lead for another lap, then coming out of turn 4 the driveshaft finally put too much strain on the transmission and it let go which left the car with no forward drive. Unfortunately the points leader #43 Brandon Wilson was following close behind me and wasn't expecting me to have problems, and when the car broke he was forced to try and dodge me and ended up hitting a tire and breaking a spindle. When all was said and done I was scored one position ahead of Brandon, which closes the points lead down to 3 going into the final race next week. Here is the link to the video on youtube:
Heat Race- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azJ7wMHH6_A
Feature Race- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irxvz7g7Dt8

No comments:

Post a Comment