Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lafayette County Speedway 8/14/09

I think I made racing history last night with the first ever tie in a race. I started the feature in 8th, and worked my way up to about 4th by the midway point of the race. The car was missing just like it had been the week before. The 2nd and 3rd place cars got together giving one a flat which would bring out the caution. So on the restart I was lined up outside of the 2nd row with the leader out front and I got a good jump and beat the other driver back to the line to get the white flag, but I bobbled a bit in turns 1 and 2 which let him get back around me, then in turns 3 and 4 I got a good run and got alongside of him but I couldn't complete the pass. But another racer spun on that lap and they threw the caution before we got to the finishline. So going by the rules when a caution comes out they go back to the lap before which I lead, so they awarded me the win, but I had no idea I just figured Travis won because he had beat me to the line on that last lap. So we talked it over in victory lane and I said "Why don't we just take the top two payouts and split them and call it a tie?" Travis agreed and the officials talked it over and decided it was a good idea. The announcer said this was the first time in his 35 years of watching racing that he has ever seen a tie. So it was a good night because I got my first win at the Lafayette County Speedway, and also my first ever tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment